Hotel Financial Controller - The Prince Akatoki, Guangzhou, China
The Prince Akatoki, Guangzhou is located within the government development precinct of Bio-Island and within the Pearl River Delta area.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the setting up and the successful and efficient management of the Finance Department, ensuring ongoing success of the department & effective management of all financial functions within this 275 guest room, multi department, luxury hotel.
A summary of key accountabilities
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger and documenting business transactions
- Preparing periodic financial statements and meeting the deadline of reports, including profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, and variance analysis
- Verify contracts, orders and vouchers to substantiate individual transactions prior to the preparation of the payments
- Responsible for the reconciliation of daily takings and banking and reconciliation of all front office ledgers
- Process payroll, including the inputting of timesheets and providing management reports
- Oversee the accounts payable and receivable function to ensure it is operating effectively.
- Driving budget preparation and business plan, assisting in the key strategic decision making and formulating business strategies
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management (including general insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and preventive actions etc) and internal controls
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems
- Perform internal audits and liaise with external auditors as required and supply timely feedback on any likely internal control weaknesses or risks.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulation
- Support the recruitment of finance staff and finance department structure
- Liaise with local accounting firm to establish/ setup local statutory requirements
- Liaise with local bank manager establish banking operations
- Liaise with IT to setup accounting, procurement, payroll systems, merchant services
- Establish finance policy & procedures
- Working with other executives on pre-opening requirements
- Prepare pre-opening budget & cash flow management
- Understand working capital requirements
- Responsible for delivering forecast financial projections & operating budget
- Attend owner meetings as a finance representative
- Responsible for pre-opening critical path for finance operations
- Working together with project manager on refurbishment planning & schedule, and provide monthly update to Global Corporate Office
- Communicates effectively with guest, clients, business partners and staff.
- Supervises all staff and be a good sales person to promote hotel’s image and businesses at all times.
- Participates and supports community projects or activities in order to promoting the hotel’s image and cooperation to improve community relationship.
- To maintain and improve relationship between the hotel, community, business partners, and potential guests.
- Prepare, monitor and manage departmental budgets
- Prepare standard operating procedures, implement and monitor
- Monitor income and expenses regularly
- Confer with the Hotel General Manager at least once daily at briefing sessions.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports to Hotel General Manager, StayWell Head Office and other stake holders as requested.
- Provide financial report, analysis and commentary as requested by StayWell HO to satisfy public reporting requirement of the parent company
- Attend meetings as required and contribute to decisions and business plans.
- Control departmental expenses and ensure that sales justify the outlay
- Review payroll cost and evaluate wages to industry benchmarks Staff Development
- Support SWH policies with the assistance of the Director of Human Resources
- Participate in SWH training
- Lead by example and direct a diverse team of employees
- Encourage and support staff and use counselling procedures to improve service and staff morale