Hotel Director of Human Resources - The Prince Akatoki Guangzhou, China
The Prince Akatoki, Guangzhou is our exciting, brand new, soon to open 5-star hotel brand reflecting touches of Japanese refined hospitality and culture.
We are searching for an experienced, well organised & tenacious Director of Human Resources to join us in the pre-opening stages on this brand new hotel, to implement the manning strategies & build a great team.
If you have 5+ years experience in Human Resources Management within the Hotel industry in China, this role might be your ideal next career move.
As Director of Human Resources you will be responsible for the sourcing, selection, and employment of all staff and the improvement of management and front line teams, the reduction of staff turnover, counselling procedures, and planning of career progression for front line and management staff. The responsibilities include ensuring training is cost and result effective, that EEO and all China statutory requirements are followed, and that the workplace is safe.
This position establishes successful communication between front line staff and management and management and StayWell executives and directors and needs to achieve high staff retention and satisfaction at a reasonable cost to the hotel.
A summary of key accountabilities includes:
- Source, select and employ staff
- Ensure visa requirements are followed
- Plan for HR needs, prepare hotel specific documentation, and organise the implementation of procedures
- Plan and manage staff accommodation and control
- Ensure StayWell presentation standards and policies are applied throughout
- Minimise staff turnover and maximise job satisfaction
- Manage staff training, development and career planning
- Improve guest satisfaction through training and guidance
- Promote and ensure a good working relationship between all departments
- Supervise compliance with Indonesian employment legislation
- Assist with employment and staffing strategies and wages budgets
- Give assistance in the resolution of disputes
- Work with department managers to improve the work environment and comply with EEO and China OH&S regulations
- Evaluate productivity and carry out benchmark comparison
- Prepare and control HR budgets
Pre Opening Management
- Follow and apply SWH HR pre-opening schedule and adapt to local conditions
- Develop and implement a pre-opening manpower plan, training plans and budgets
- Take responsibility for all pre opening staff sourcing, selection, employment, training and induction activities.
- Organise the set up, management and control of staff accommodation
- Set up HR procedures for all departments including employment, wages, induction and training procedures according to StayWell standards
- Plan, organise, facilitate and monitor pre opening training activities
- Organise records and procedures for disputes and warnings
- Adjust StayWell manuals, forms, and HR procedures
- Analyse staffing levels and make recommendations and adjustments as required
- Organise training and set up procedures and training records
- Plan for inductions and staff training on a regularly basis
- Budget for HR, training needs and requirements
Staffing and Work Place Relations
- Assist and make recommendations for staff selection and employment methods
- Organise and oversee internal progression and career paths
- Ensure EEO principles are used in the employment process according to SWH standards and Indonesian legal and statuary requirements
- Give advice in disputes and attend to grievances
- Audit and supervise staff records
- Prepare and facilitate staff and executive training
- Keep training records and reports
- Prepare and implement training evaluation procedures
- In conjunction with the departmental managers conduct regular employee performance appraisals and recommend remuneration reviews
- Prepare reports after training sessions for the Hotel General Manager and Directors
- Prepare staff turnover reports quarterly
- Prepare and analyse labour cost reports and compare to income and industry benchmarks