Hotel Brand / Franchise Services Manager
Reporting to the Global Director of Revenue Generation and working closely with the StayWell Global Revenue Generation team, the Brand Services Manager will play a key role in the Licensing of StayWell Hotel Group brands. The Brand Services Manager will be responsible for the strategy development, production and maintenance of all Marketing License Deed (Franchise) Hotels, the primary revenue generation relationship manager with all Marketing License (Franchise) Hotels, and the business advisor to all franchisees. This role will support the Global Revenue Generation team strategy and goals.
- Maximise brand revenue delivery to StayWell Holdings Marketing Licensee Deed (MLD) Hotels by conducting regular reviews of system revenue performance, setting property direction and conducting system/platform training.
- Facilitate the coordination and pre-opening planning of MLD hotels to ensure a successful and timely opening
- Boost global brand compliance and standards throughout the MLD Hotels.
- Maximise hotel owner satisfaction of brand delivery through regular communication, measurement and facilitation of hotel staff training.
- Manage all issues and disputes with Marketing Licensee Hotels ensuring they are fully documented and acted upon in a timely manner
- Ensure finance terms are actioned
- Positively raise/impact franchising awareness teamwork throughout the StayWell network and corporate office
- To be heavily involved, together with the Global Director of Revenue Generation in the selection of Licensee Franchisees, approval of sites and/or conversions projects.
- To support the licensee hotels from Site approval through to property opening, and all support service as may be required post-opening.
- Ensure brand guidelines/style guides/online standards/social media guidelines are fully adhered to
- Identify underperforming hotels and develop an intervention plan with the Global Director of Revenue Generation
- Provide benchmarks in regards to industry statistics
- Contribute to the gathering and dissemination of market intelligence
- Review property sales activity and provide feedback to properties on their activity
- Work closely with the Revenue & Distribution team to ensure franchise rates and inventory are at parity and updated as required
- Work with marketing department to implement new marketing opportunities and liaise with franchisees on cost/ benefit/investment
The ideal candidate
- University degree business, hospitality, marketing or related field
- 3 years franchise management experience preferably in hospitality/ tourism
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- A detailed understanding of the Franchising and Licensing Code of Conduct
- Proven understanding of Sales, Marketing and Revenue Generation principles and practices
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in the environment and priorities
- Ability to elicit co-operation from other departments, business units and suppliers
- Demonstrated consultation, negotiation and mediation skills.
- A working proficiency in MS Office and complementary IT platforms.
- Strong influencing skills.
- A level of maturity to deal with potential franchisee issues professionally and equitably
- An ability to work autonomously