StayWell Holdings Snapshot
One of the largest hotel management groups in Asia Pacific, StayWell Holdings and its parent company Seibu Prince Hotels Worldwide Inc. offer a diverse portfolio of properties across a combined network of hotels worldwide.
StayWell Holdings is part of the Seibu Holdings Inc. and Prince Hotels Group. Seibu Holdings Inc. are a Japanese listed entity on the Tokyo stock exchange, which primarily owns Seibu railway and Seibu bus and are the parent company of Prince Hotels and Resorts who are one of the largest hotel groups in Japan.
StayWell and Prince Hotels have set a strategic goal to deliver 250 hotels in the medium to long term, with expansion taking place across Asia Pacific, South East Asia, China, Japan, the Middle East, Europe and the United States.
StayWell provides both marketing and brand license agreements and hotel management agreements for hotels, serviced apartments, specialty lodging as well as mixed use developments. With an industry-leading team, you will benefit from a true turn-key solution ensuring high yields on your investment.
*Open and Under Development, includes StayWell, Prince Hotels & Resorts and Manhattan Group
Global Hotel Network
*Open and Under Development, includes StayWell, Prince Hotels & Resorts and Manhattan Group | Combined loyalty database of StayWell & Prince hotels
StayWell’s brands range from luxury to lifestyle to midscale, with brands operated throughout Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Europe and multiple properties in Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Launceston.
- Luxury brand
- Inspired by Japan
- Located in key gateway cities
- Signature experiences unique to Japanese hospitality
- Japanese Food & Beverage experiences
The World’s Most Thoughtful Hotels
- Classic Upscale brand
- Modest Hotels in Premium Locations
- Biophilic Sophistication
- Unique Bi-Cultural Heritage
- A celebration of place that makes each region and property special
Your Policy Is
- Lifestyle brand
- Maturing millennials
- Personalised experiences
- Open workspaces
- Expect the unexpected
- Passionate Localists
- A Global Village
- Mid scale brand
- Unbeatable locations
- Value for money
- Fresh and modern design
- Anchored around comfort
Enhancing your Design & Investment
Project Feasibility Assessment
- Execute site visits and meetings with key stakeholders and relevant government bodies to gather key data specific to the region, city and the subject location
- Review specific market intelligence and key information on StayWell’s comprehensive Development Feasibility Analysis Template to assess the viability of the project
- Assess and discuss brand suitability for the project
- Agreement review and agree on hotel layout plan, room design, lobby design, consultant appointment, scope of work and brand standards with hotel owner
Hotel Construction – New Build
Phase 1 – Project Kick off and PCG Meeting
Brief on brand design, brand standards, recommend turnkey procurement solutions, hotel space, circulation efficiency, communication protocol for regular PCG meetings
Phase 2 – Design Phase
- Design – Collaborate with Interior Designer and Consultants and agree on concept design, layout plan, lighting, artwork, FF&E and schedule of finishes of the guestroom, FOH, vertical transportation, façade, signage, landscape
- MEPF – Agreed on Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Safety Plans with MEP consultants to ensure MEP output is energy efficient and the design, installation and setting to work, testing and commissioning of the entire MEPF systems comply with International, National, Regional, Local regulations and brand standards.
- Technology – Discuss IT trends and outline key technologies in terms of IT requirements, functionality and features to attain relevant system integrators and providers based on brand design and standards
Phase 3 – Procurement Phase
Operations Supplies and Equipment (OS&E, Uniform) – provide the owner with OSE detailed schedules and recommend turnkey procurement solutions to deliver substantial cost-effective saving to the hotel owners
Phase 4 – Construction Phase and Handover/Practical Completion
Regular site inspection and monitoring of construction progress, mock-up room inspection, quality assurance, agree on practical completion and handover program, snagging, defect analysis and rectification
Phase 5 – Hotel Opening
Develop Preopening Budget, Preopening Business Plans, Critical Path timeline and prepare for hotel opening
Hotel Construction – Refurbishment/Rebranding
- Assist in cost effective refurbishment of existing hotels and hotels joining the group to meet to the brand standards
- Collaborate with interior designers and consultants to incorporate brand design and standards into Guest rooms and other Front of house areas
StayWell Value Proposition
Why Owners Choose StayWell
Working on Your Vision
Fostering Long-term Relationships
Based across the region with in-depth knowledge of their respective markets, the multi-lingual development team is committed to fostering long-term relationships with the right partners and assess each and every opportunity to ensure every StayWell-branded hotel has the potential to succeed in its chosen location.
Analysing Your Opportunity
The experienced investment analysis team will carry out market-based assessments, provide analysis of local demand generators, recommend facilities in line with the brand which will best maximise the potential of your hotel based on the site particulars.
Signing on the Dotted Line
We recognise that no two hotel development agreements are the same and we will work with you to secure the most suitable contract arrangement for your hotel, whether it is a franchise or a management contract.
We also recognise that time is often of the essence to secure land, buildings, permissions and finance, so our legal team has developed a pragmatic and flexible process to support getting the deal done while ensuring that the right policies, procedures and controls are in place, to protect your multi-million dollar investment.
Optimising Your Asset
Hotel Lifecycle & Growth
We understand that design is key to creating great spaces that your guests will love. Our Hotel Lifecycle & Growth team is made up of in-region design and construction specialists with global experience through all stages of hotel and resort development and asset lifecycle dedicated to delivering exactly that. We partner with you to optimise your investment via our technical services inspiring and informing the delivery of best-in-class hotel design, relevant to the local market and our guests. Our experience reduces your risk.
Managing the Opening Process
StayWell’s Hotel Opening schedule of events tool is used by our corporate team and on-property hotel teams to track and communicate the progress of all tasks required to successfully open your hotel.
Hiring the Right Team
For your hotel to be successful, you need a talented team who can bring the StayWell brands to life. StayWell’s strong employer brand, as evidenced by the company being well recognised as a good Employer, attracting the best candidates, while our HR Team help you hire them.
Training to Bring Out the Best in Your Team
StayWell provides all the training your staff needs to deliver a great guest experience and keep them involved in the business. Through our experience managing hotels globally, we know exactly how to train each and every new hotel employee in StayWell’s operating standards and systems, to deliver a Brand hearted service to your guests, and maximise commercial performance.
Driving Performance on Opening
Long before you open, your hotel will be visible on various booking channels and begin taking reservations, ensuring maximum business from the day that you open your doors. Once the hotel has opened, we will work closely with you to boost sales and marketing activities, stabilise and maximise performance as quickly as possible.
Driving Your Performance
Driving Performance on Opening
Empowering our Powerhouse Regions
Moving away from a traditional hierarchy operating model, StayWell is spearheading a new organisational approach that focuses on enabling and empowering our powerhouse regions in key markets with well-resourced multi-functional leadership teams.
Strengthening Talent in Market
Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa has been segmented in four geographic business units, each offering a full complement of locally-based support to drive results for your hotel, including:
- Hotel Lifecycle & Growth
- Human Resources
Optimising our Hotel’s Performances
These business units will only be strengthened with benefits expected for you, our owners, in terms of deeper owner/operation interaction as well as optimised performance at a hotel level through an up weighing of talent in regions, quicker decision making and faster reactions to changing market conditions
Turn-Key Management Service
- BRANDING & IDENTITY
- DISTRIBUTION & CHANNEL MANAGEMENT
- SOCIAL MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- WEBSITES & BOOKING ENGINE
The Revenue Generation Department provides support and contributes to maximising property performance goals. This is achieved through providing a platform of systems and services across areas including Business Planning and Budget Reviews, Brand Development and Brand Standards Compliance, Public Relations, Advertising, Loyalty Program, Partnership Marketing, Digital Marketing (Social Media, Email Marketing, SEO/SEM), Website Management, Sales, Revenue Optimisation and Channel & Distribution.
- Identify and source the latest technology and innovation
- Improve the efficiency and productivity of the group
- Establishes and oversee the group’s IT strategy
- Develop and maintain an internal network as well as external cloud services
- Develop and Maintain a hybrid network and standard operation environment
- Provide turnkey IT services for established and newly built hotels
Key objectives are to assist owners to
- Build the best possible hotel
- At the lowest possible price
- In the quickest possible time
- With the most efficient design and circulation
Project Feasibility Assessment | Project Control Group (PCG) Brand Assessment and Suitability | Interior Design | Signage MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) | Safety/Security Pre Opening Activities | Turnkey Procurement Solutions Codes | Defect Analysis and Rectification | OE&S Procurement Support Services
Finance provides strategic business planning, budgeting, cash flow forecasting, producing and analysing financial and operational KPIs, auditing and cost control as well as a wide range of property financial and management reporting. Through its key functions, the finance management team provides financial support and supervision in key decision making processes to maximise profitability and minimise operating costs, monitor working capital requirements and bank accounts, conduct investment analysis and manage insurance coverage to safeguard asset values.
- PERFORMANCE REVIEW
- FINANCE & TREASURY
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- STATUTORY COMPLIANCE
- FINANCIAL MODELLING
Operations and Human Resources
- KEY OPERATING REPORTS
- PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- POLICY & PROCEDURES
- SERVICE STANDARDS
- STAFF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- PROPERTY AUDITS
Operations Department supervises the day to day running of the properties in the group, providing appropriate support and services to ensure each property meets its financial performance targets and service standards. This is achieved by establishing, implementing and monitoring operating policies, procedures, systems and standards across the room and food & beverage departments.
Human Resources are responsible for the strategic process, development and expansion of human assets for properties within the group. The Human Resources Team utilises the latest technology and applications for sourcing and evaluating human assets, global OH&S compliance, psychoanalyzing program for staff recruitment, performance review, mystery guest shopping program conducted by independent consultants and ongoing training, thus ensuring the best people with the right skillset and attitude are hired and retained. This results in strong growth of returns to owners and investors and a welcoming experience for customers.
Asset Management & Legal
Responsible for the management of more than 500 individually owned apartments in StayWell’s property portfolio. It represents the group and apartment owners on property body corporates and provides advice relating to property repairs and refurbishments.
StayWell’s in-house Legal Department provides legal services to the group for the benefit of the managed properties by reviewing property contracts, licenses and permits. It also offers assistance with banking management and funding relationships. This department also provides assistance on any litigation or disputes affecting the property as well as providing support through an affiliated legal firm to assist owners with property acquisitions, joint ventures and other legal issues if required.
| OWNERS NEWSLETTERS
| BODY CORPORATE MEETINGS
| ROOM REFURBISHMENTS
| BUILDING MANAGERS REPORTS
| AID WITH PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS
| REVIEWING CONTRACTS
This department works closely with developers, property owners and investors by assessing new property projects to ensure they meet the
group’s brand standards.
Additionally, the team certifies that the property design and product is positioned correctly to meet the demand of the relevant markets to assure its long-term financial viability.
- Well researched site location, fully accredited brand selection, fact based project feasibility, metrics targeted at performance
- Customise the contract for the clients benefit to maximise return on their investment.
- A clear objective to help the hotel owners and developers own the best hotels at the cheapest price at the least amount of time with an efficient circulation of layouts.
- Ability to get involved in the full spectrum of hotel project from investment to development to management to leasing to marketing licenses to strata title management.
- Highly experienced hotel development and tech services team based in Sydney Global Office as well as multiple regional offices around the world.
Hotel Opening & Rebranding Support & Expertise
Pre Opening Budget Preparation to estimate the expenses for various activities,
- Key Assumptions
- Pre-Opening Budget Summary
- Pre-Opening Budget
- Manning Guide
- S&M Pre-Opening Budget
- Contract Employee Guide
- IT Pre Opening Budget
- Staff Benefits
- Guest Amenities
Comprehensive pre-opening critical path providing guidance for completion of key tasks across various areas including Brand Compliance, Rooms Division, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Finance, IT, Revenue Generation, Human Resources, Recreational Facilities, Security, Kitchen
- Main Building Work Handover Schedule
- Technical Services Design & Construction of Interior Design Approval Form
- Sequence Of New Hotel Design & Construction And Timeline
- Report on number of rooms defects
- Report on number of outlet defects
- ROOM INSPECTION
- Ensure room meets brand standards
- Each room is inspected
- Defects are listed with photographs and commentary
- Ensure room meets design standard
- MEP / IT
- A/C, Water pressure, WI-FI, TV and Phones are all checked
MASTER PROJECT TRACKER
- Monthly report from project manager
- All construction items are listed with progress status
- Revised to the latest building handover date
StayWell Development Leads
StayWell Development Offices
StayWell Holdings – Head Office
Level 10, 80 Clarence Street,
Sydney, NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA
StayWell Hospitality Management
Office 1707 Binary Tower, Marasi Drive, Business Bay
P.O. Box 415702 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
StayWell Hospitality Management
Level 4, 401-402, Vipul Square
Sushant Lok-1, Gurgaon 12200 Haryana INDIA
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
The Prince Akatoki London
50 Great Cumberland Place Marble Arch
LONDON W1H 7FD United Kingdom
Park Regis Singapore
23 Merchant Road Singapore 058268
“As one of the largest hotel management groups in the Asia-Pacific region, the opportunity for StayWell Holdings to expand and provide travellers with quality experiences, ranging from luxury to lifestyle through to midscale, is an exciting one. The whole team at StayWell and I look forward to being able to bid for your business and showcase our experience and agile approach for your investment.”
President & Director